Feeling Fishy: How to Make Shaker Cards with Fun Inserts

I may or may not be highly obsessed with making shaker cards. There is something so satisfying with adding a moving element to a project. It allows the recipient to have a tactile experience with your creating. While most shaker cards use sequins I decided to take a different approach and incorporate stickers into the shaker cards. 
I was inspired by the amazing products from Paper House Productions, which I am so fortunate to be a member of the Paper House Productions Creative Team. I created a fish-themed card for this project. I will list the products below that I used. If you are interested in replicating this card or buying some  Paper House Production products, feel free to use my discount code of PHP19liv to receive 20% off your order.





The Materials:

  • Clear plastic envelope 
  • Paper
  • Cardstock
  • An Exacto knife
  • An adhesive roller
  • scissors
  • A pencil
  • Embellishments
  • A ruler


Step 1: Cut card to the desired shape

I decided to use a quote card as the background for the window of the card. When cutting out your card make sure you give yourself enough room to have a half an inch border for your cut out window. 


Step 2: Trace and cut out window for the card

I traced my quote card on the back of the front part of the card with a pencil, allowing myself at least half an inch of room. I then cut the window with an Exacto knife and a ruler. Make sure you don't cut your fingers!


Step 3: How to create your own sticker inserts

After selecting what stickers to use for this project I placed them on white cardstock, where I then used an Exacto knife to cut them out. Most stickers come with a thick white paper backing in the package. It is a great way to reduce waste and repurpose the cardstock that would normally be thrown away. 



Step 4: Adhere clear plastic envelope onto the back of the cutout window 

I used a clear adhesive roller to affix the clear envelope to the card. I reuse the clear plastic envelopes that come with most craft orders. It is a great way to be thrifty while also reducing waste!


Step 5: Embellish

After inserting your sticker embellishments into the card embellish away! 

If you are interested in recreating this card, here is a list of the products that I used:






Comments

Post a Comment